Hill School, a Fort Worth college preparatory, full-service school for students who learn differently, has hired seven new staff members. The new hires expand across multiple departments, including math, science, physical education, athletics, administrative and marketing communication.
“These talented new team members will play a vital role in Hill School’s mission to empower our students to reach their full potential,” Roxann Breyer, head of school at Hill School, said in a news release. “We are fortunate enough to hire some of the most innovative and dynamic leaders in specialized education, and these new staff members are no exception.”
New faculty and staff members include:
• Sadie Blount – - Photo - Dean of Upper School: Having previously worked as the Dyslexia and Learning Specialist at Gateway Academy in Houston, and as a Cognitive and Educational Therapy Specialist in Atlanta, Blount has extensive experience in the development of tailored strategies to improve student learning.
• Christin Lohrs – Upper School Math Instructor: Lohrs graduated Cum Laude from Texas A&M University with a bachelor’s degree in science and mathematics.
• Austin Perryman – - Photo - Marketing and Communications Manager: Perryman is a 2017 graduate of The University of Texas at Austin. He has worked previously with two law firms and for the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History.
• Mary Sutton-Sears – - Photo - School Counselor: Sutton-Sears recently received her master’s degree in marriage, couple and family counseling from Walden University. She previously worked as a Clinical Therapist for Mesa Springs Behavioral Health Hospital, and currently volunteers for Denton County Friends of the Family as a survivors advocacy team member.
• Jennifer Bachew – Science and Math Instructor: Bachew holds a bachelor’s degree in secondary education from Northwestern University. Prior to joining Hill School, Bachew taught chemistry, AP chemistry and anatomy at Chicago Christian High School.
• Shelvy Arberry – - Photo - Athletics Director and Head Coach: Before graduating from Harding University with a bachelor’s degree in human behavior, Arberry was a collegiate athlete who ran track and field in the Division II level, where he placed 3rd in the nation and received All-American honors.
• Kristi O’Connor – Physical Education Instructor and Coach: O’Connor, a former NCAA field hockey captain and All-American, joins Hill School after coaching varsity-level field hockey in Missouri and Texas and teaching PE and Health at both the elementary and middle school levels.
Hill School is a college preparatory, full-service school for students with dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, ADHD, high-functioning ASD and other learning differences.