Top 10 entrepreneurs advance in Fort Worth Business Plan Competition
An animal rescue group, a biscuit maker and children’s yoga group are among the competitors participating in Pitch Night, part of the 2019 Fort Worth Business Plan competition.
As the 2019 Fort Worth Business Plan Competition enters its final rounds, the Top 10 competitors will be “pitching” their completed business plan to a panel of judges on Pitch Night.
WHEN / WHERE:
Pitch Night will take place from 5:30-8:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 10, at the MET Building on the UNT Health Science Center Campus, 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd.
Tickets to Pitch Night are free, and are currently available online at . https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fort-worth-business-plan-competition-pitch-night-tickets-71731923113
The following competitors will be participating in Pitch Night on Oct. 10:
• Animal Hope currently rescues, rehabilitates, and rehomes animals primarily from open intake shelters in North Texas.
• Dynamic Development Strategies, LLC is a woman-owned consulting business designed to help small and start-up nonprofits with their fundraising needs.
• Hot Box Biscuit Club offers "hands-down the best biscuits in Fort Worth", and the rest of their menu is designed to complement those namesake treats.
• Kraken Motorsports provides performance solutions to automobile enthusiasts.
• Nanda Yoga is a new children’s yoga community that focuses on the mental, emotional, and physical well-being of children in Fort Worth.
• Neuro Rehab VR develops virtual reality therapy exercises that help aid and speed up neurological physical therapy recovery.
• Press Plan is a subscription-model cold press juice delivery service that produces nutrient-dense cold press juices and delivers into offices as a high-end benefit.
• SeRae Naturals Bath & Body produces hand-crafted bath and body products that nourish and cleanse the skin using safe and natural ingredients that can be found in, or are derived from, natural sources.
• Sweet Lucy's Pies is a specialty pie company known for its quirky menus, made-to-order pies, and their infamous flaky crust.
• Texas Hog Blockers is a feeding system that allows deer to feed on mineral and protein blocks while keeping the state’s wild hog population from destroying them.
About the competition
This year’s Business Plan Competition has a record number of 83 applications resulting in 30 small businesses and entrepreneurs participating in the competition training sessions.
The combined value of cash and in-kind services for the Top Three winners this year is more than $75,000. These prizes include all sorts of items that can help set a small business up for success, including office/co-working space, marketing, business consulting, and opportunities to engage with all of Fort Worth’s Chambers of Commerce.
Frost Bank – the competition’s title sponsor – is awarding $10,000 for first prize, $5,000 for second prize, and $3,000 for third prize.
The complete list of 2019 prize packages and sponsors is available on the Fort Worth Business Plan Competition page.
The Fort Worth Business Press is media sponsor for the event.