A 24-year-old janitorial worker died after a gate crushed his chest while he was working at Dickies Arena this weekend.
Juan Carlos Julian Jr. was entrapped by an electric gate at one of the arena's entry points at about 7:10 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 7, according to a Tarrant County Medical Examiner's report.
The report states the cause of death as traumatic asphyxia and the location of the accident as 3400 Trail Dr.
Julian, 24, was an employee of Service First Janitorial, a third-party service provider for Dickies Arena.
In a statement sent to the Business Press, Trail Drive Management Corp., the nonprofit manager of Dickies Arena, said they "were deeply saddened by the death of Juan Carlos Julian, Jr., following a tragic accident that occurred at the arena."
"We offer our sincere condolences to Mr. Julian’s family, friends and co-workers," the statement said.
Family and friends of Julian are raising funds for costs associated with his funeral through an online GoFundMe campaign.
A funeral service will be held at Carrillo Funeral Home on Wednesday, according to the campaign.
"Safety is a top priority at the arena, and Trail Drive Management Corp. is cooperating with local authorities as they investigate the specifics of the incident,” the management firm said.